As I mentioned earlier, I am going to need to fabricate a custom bracket for the intermediate drive shaft.
To get started I inserted the intermediate drive shaft into the trans-axle only to discover a new problem.
I used a sharpie to outline where the drive shaft flange conflicts with the adapter plate. I emailed my contact at Canada EV to let him know about the design flaw. He offered to modify the adapter for me if I want to ship it back to his shop.
I declined and opted to modify this myself with a handheld angle grinder.
I sent the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel to a shop to be refurbished. They look practically brand new.
As I was gathering the gear for the installation I realized that the flywheel and pressure plate don’t use garden variety bolts. After trawling through the selection at a few local hardware shops I came to the conclusion that I’ll need to find the original bolts or I was going to need to spend $50+ for a new set.
After a few hours of rummaging through my storage shed I found that the guys that removed my engine for me did me the favor of saving my crucial bolts and putting them in a ziplock back for me. Wow!
I invited a friend over to help out with the clutch installation. This was new territory for me and I wanted the benefit of his experience. He gave me some helpful pointers on installing the flywheel bearing and techniques for torquing everything just right.
It’s starting to come together. Here’s the new clutch assembly with the Canada EV adapter plate installed on my new AC-75.