The front end work is done. I have installed the new bearings, ball joints, struts, brakes, control arms, and axle-shafts.
I did not install the new sway bar. The new sway bar is a slightly different shape from the factory sway bar and I could not get it past the exhaust pipe. I decided to delay the sway bar install until after I’ve removed the exhaust system in the next phase of the project.
Integra Front End
It’s a satisfying feeling to button up this phase of the project and take it for a spin around the neighborhood.
The first time I drove it around the block I was sure there was something wrong because of the road noise. I put it back up on jackstands and double checked everything. It was all good. It seems that I’ve never driven a car with all the polyurethane bushings and necromancer struts. On top of that, without the back seat and rear carpeting I could hear every little bit of sand kicked up from the road.
Well that’s good. I wanted a stiff suspension that will perform well with the additional weight of a battery pack. As far as the road noise, I will address that after I’ve built the rear battery boxes and installed soundproofing.