I want to build an EV with satisfying seat-of-the pants performance and range sufficient for anxiety free use as a daily driver. I spent hours and hours browsing used cars on craigslist.org and cross referencing with cars on evalbum.com.
For various reasons, I have chosen a 1991 Acura Integra.
- Body: 2 door hatch-back
- Starting curb weight: 2,560 lbs
- Drive train: 5 speed manual (front wheel drive)
- Brakes: 4 wheel disk (208mm rear, 214mm front)
- Drag coefficient: 0.32
- Low purchase price
- I just like these cars.
What it needs: suspension bushings, brakes, struts & springs, CV joins, paint, interior refurb.
The mission milestones, in rough order of priority:
- refurbish suspension & brakes
- remove obsolete ICE related equipment
- install AC75 conversion kit
- install 144v Lithium Ion battery pack
- refurbish the interor
- get a good paint job.